10 things I loved about Claire & Andy’s wedding day:
1. Claires closest friends gathered around her, each placing a hand on a shoulder, and prayed over her. This was such a beautiful moment to witness.
2. Claire and Andy had a very small wedding party, but no designated wedding party photos. Don’t get me wrong, I love wedding parties! But there was just something wonderful about ditching the laundry list of must have party shots and trading it for quality time. There was less on the “to-do” list and more for them to be in the moment for. They still had their closest friends and family by their side, but it allowed for a calmer pace and greater time to connect.
3. They were married by a relative - another layer of sentiment.
4. Claire & Andy placed a lush flower crown on Mary’s head, post communion.
5. They popped champagne in the car, in celebration of their vows.
Remaining 5 located after photos.
6. Before their grand entrance, they had a friend share the story of how they met! I’ve never seen this done before, but really hope some of my future B&Gs adopt this into their wedding day.
7. Andy bustled Claire’s dress! I LOVED this. I typically see a group of girls working together on this task.. So it added a layer of sweetness to see Claire’s husband take this on.
8. During the reception, I felt a tap on my shoulder. A guest clued me in that Andy’s Grandma was being passed along to each of her sons for a dance! The most genuine, joy-filled smiles and laughter followed.
9. Guests were dancing before dinner even started! I am all for the enthusiasm! If you’ve followed my photography journey for a bit, you won’t be surprised when I tell you that the dance is my absolute favorite part of the wedding day. Their guests brought their ‘A’ game.
10. Surrounded by a sea of cell phone light from their guests, they danced to Can you Feel the Love Tonight. This just can’t be beat!
Venue: Graduate Hotel, Minneapolis
Church: Saint Raphael
Day of Coordinator: Events by Melody
Dress: The Wedding Shoppe
Suits: Mens Wearhouse
Catering: Graduate Hotel, Minneapolis
DJ: Studio Veil